1. Prof. Rajib Bandyopadhyay from the Department of Instrumentation and Electronics Engineering of Jadavpur University, Kolkata delivered a guest lecture on “An Insight into an Electronic Nose and Electronic Tongue” on March 11th, 2015. The lecture was organised under the aegis of ACM ISM Student Chapter.
2. Dr. Rajeev Gupta from IBM Research, New Delhi delivered a tech talk on “Big Data, Cloud Computing & Hadoop Mapreduce” on March 21st, 2015. The major topics covered in the talk were Cloud Computing, Big Data Processing and Distributed Parallel Databases.
3. Dr. S. K. Singh from IIT (BHU), Varanasi delivered a lecture on “Biometric Based Applications” on 26th March, 2015. Dr. Satish Chand from NSIT New Delhi delivered lectures “Some Aspects of Image Processing” and “JPEG Standards” on March 27th.
Short Term Courses
1. A short term course on “Image Processing and its Applications” was organized by the department from 23-27th March, 2015. The objective of this course was to provide a broad overview and comprehensive understanding of image processing techniques using MATLAB. Each theoretical session was further demonstrated with hands on practical session in MATLAB environment. The intended participants were faculty members from Technical Institutions, PhD Research Scholars, PG and UG students. The workshop was organised by Dr. Sushila Maheshkar.
2. A short term course on “Wireless Network Protocols And Algorithms And Their Matlab Simulations” was organized by the department during 8-12th June, 2015. Prof. Prasanta K. Jana and Dr. Tarachand Amgoth were the coordinators of this course. The course was designed in order to be abreast with various protocols and algorithms in field of wireless sensor and ad hoc networks along with their simulations. Participants from IITs, NITs and other reputed institutions had attended this course.
3. The department organized a short term course on “Network Protocols & their Simulation using NS-2/NS-3” at during 19-23 August 2015. This short term course was a laboratory oriented one in which hands on training were given. Mr. R. Thirukumaran from SAT Infosys and Dr. Mohit P. Tahiliani from NIT Surathkal delivered lectures and conducted the hands on session. Dr. Chiranjeev Kumar was the course co-ordinator and Dr. Haider Banka was the course co-cordinator.
1. Aman Bhal, B.Tech Final Year, secured admission in Texas A&M University’s Master of Science (M.S) in Computer Science programme.
2. Zhilmil Dhillon, B.Tech Final Year, secured admission in Rutgers University’s Master of Science (M.S) in Computer Science programme.
3. Rahul Paul, M.Tech Final Year, secured admission in University of South Florida’s Ph.D programme in Computer Science and engineering.
4. Kaushik Nimalla B.Tech Final Year, secured admission in Bowling Green State University’s Master of Science (M.S) in Computer Science programme.
The department has started a 3 Year M.Tech course in Computer Science & Engineering for Working Executives / Academicians from 2015-2016 session. This programme runs at ISM Kolkata Extension Centre, Rajarhat Kolkata.
Upcoming International Conference
The department is organising the 3rd International Conference on “Recent Advancements in Information Technology” from 3rd to 5th March, 2016. The vision of the conference is to provide awareness about the recent advances in the Information and Communication technology, through tutorial, keynote addresses and pre-reviewed research paper presentations. The conference will also serve as an excellent platform for all the participants to share their views and ideas. Another endeavor of this conference is to collate and present the latest development in IT/Computer along with realistic assessment of the current status and trends. RAIT-2016 is endorsed by IEEE, IEEE Communication Society Calcutta Chapter and Computer Society of India.
Dr. Thillainatarajan Sivakumaran, Executive Director of Global Initiatives, Mr. Rajev Sharma, M. D. TASA – South Asian Coordination Office and Dr. Gurcharan Singh, Advisor (International Education) from Arkansas State University, USA visited the department on 23rd March, 2015
Mr. Ravi Srinivasan, Pro-Vice-Chancellor (Internationalization and Communications) from Botho University, Botswana visited the department on 25th February, 2015.
Sangram Ray, Pratyay Kuila, Neha Sharma, Chiranjeevi Manike, A. Tarachand, Suresh Dara, Dharavath Ramesh, Manoj Shukla
Himanshu Ranjan Seth, Manaar Alam, Sagnik Das and Soumyajit Chatterjee from M.Tech Computer Science & Engineering implemented a "Carom Playing Bot" for participating in the International Championship for Artificial Intelligence and Networking 2015 (iCAIN). They secured 2nd position in Robotics Event.
The department organized an induction programme for new entrants of M.Tech and JRF on 22nd July, 2015 in New Lecture Hall Complex. For third year M.Tech students the induction took place 1st August 2015 at the Kolkata extension centre. For B.Tech students it was held on 7th August 2015 in NLHC.