Prof. D. C. Panigrahi (Director, IIT(ISM) Dhanbad) congratulated the Editorial Board of Department of Computer Science and Engineering on successfully coming up with the fourth edition of BufferedReader. He was happy to discern that the magazine pours an insight into everything trending in the world of Computer Science. He expressed belief that the efforts of the Editorial Board, through the magazine, will surely culminate in placing the Department to an unprecedented repute and be a forerunner in bringing pride to the Institute.
Convocation: ISM Gold Medal
- Mr. Manvender Sirohi - M.Tech (CSE - 2014)
- Mr. Prakhar Rastogi - B.Tech (CSE - 2014)
- Ms. Arunima - M.Tech (CSE - 2015)
- Mr. Gaurav Pathak - B.Tech (CSE - 2015)
Convocation: ISM Silver Medal
- Mr. Vaibhav Sethi - B.Tech (CSE - 2014)
- Mr. Jayant Tiwari - B.Tech (CSE - 2015)
- Mr. Ramesh Kumar Huda - M.Tech (CSE - 2015)
ISMAA Best Sports Person
- Mr. V. Murahari - B.Tech (CSE - 2014)
Krishna Anisetty - B.Tech(CSE - 2006) won cars.com Excellence in Technology 2015.
- Mr. Chakresh Singh (B.Tech. - 2010) took admission in the University of Cincinnati with a University Student Scholarship of 10, 932 USD.
- Mr. Sunny Raj (B.Tech. - 2011) took admission in the University of Central Florida in Computer Science for PhD programme with full scholarship.
- Mr. Amar Nath Patra (M.Tech. - 2013) took admission in the University of Nevada, Reno for PhD programme.
- Mr. Nikhil Junneti (B.Tech. - 2014) took admission in Stony Brook University, New York for MS.
- Ms. Prachi Chauhan (B.Tech. - 2016) took admission in the University of Texas at Dallas for MS.
- Ms. Anusha Shenagavarapu (B.Tech. - 2015) took admission in IIM, Calcutta.
- Mr. Mohammad Huzaifa Sabir (B.Tech. - 2016) took admission in IIM, Ahmedabad.
- Mr. P. C. Srinivasa Rao (Research Scholar) has been selected for Post Doc at IIIT Bangalore where he will work on a project which is jointly funded by the University of Twente, Neatherlands and IIIT Bangalore, India.
- Mr. Vivek Kukreja (M.Tech. – CSE) has been selected for Google Summer of Code (GSOC) this year and the title of his project was ‘Improvements in Tracing framework under RTEMS’.
Short Term Courses
Various short-term courses were organized so as to keep the students updated with technological innovations and their work processes.
- 03 to 05 March 2016 | Network Protocols and their Simulation using NS-2.
- 01 to 03 June 2016 | Data Storage and Processing Techiques in Cloud Computing.
- 13 to 17 June 2016 | Image Processing: Algorithms and Applications.
- 20 to 24 June 2016 | Algorithms for Wireless.
- 14 to 18 September 2016 | Hands-on session on MONOSEK Real Time Network Packet Processing and Network Session Analysis Tool.
- 19 to 23 December 2016 | Active Contours and Active Surfaces in Image and Video-Processing.
- 04 to 07 January 2017 | Data Mining and its Applications.
The Department of Computer Science & Engineering organized its 3rd IEEE International Conference of Recent Advances in Information Advances in Information Technology during 03-05 March, 2016. Padma Shri Prof. Sankar K Pal, former Director of ISI Kolkata was the chief guest of the function, while Mr. Sushil Chandra, Head of Bio-Medical Engineering, INMAS, DRDO was the guest of Honour.
FAREWELL OF DR. SUKOMAL PAL
Dr. Sukomal Pal has been an integral member of CS fraternity since December 13, 2010. He has been the faculty in charge of the BufferedReader since its inception. He has been a figure of inspiration during the time he spent with us. Words are not enough to express our gratitude towards him, but still we must do whatever we can, and convey our sincerest regards. Sir, we wish you all the very best for your future.
CSE Lab – IV, JRF Hall, Seminar Hall, and Classrooms have been added to the department building’s top floor.
Baijnath Kaushik and Abhimanyu Kumar have been awarded Ph.D. by the Department.
This year, while one student chose Dual Degree CSE, a record breaking 81 students changed their branch to B. Tech CSE.
You sure must have made yourself home with this institute and the department by now. It is undoubtedly an interesting time to be in the field of Computer Science & Engineering at ISM Dhanbad, with a lot of positive changes in the landscape of its placements, research scope and having its presence felt at the industrial level. A lot of credit goes to the Computer Science & Engineering Society (CSES) and the ACM Student Chapter of ISM Dhanbad, which together promote the all-round development of students by organizing their respective guest lectures, coding competitions and workshops. The students, through their initiatives such as CodeISM and SpeakUp have also contributed in improving the Coding and speaking skills of the current students. CSES simultaneously is responsible for fostering relationship between the current students, the alumni and the faculty members by organizing various events like Udbhav - the annual day celebration, Confluence - the annual alumni meet, and farewell. The editorial board of CSES brings out the bi-annual departmental magazine BufferedReader which presents CSE at ISM inside out. The department wishes good luck to all the bright minds of the country that have joined the ISM CSE family on this endless journey of progress.
“ Death may indeed be final, but the love we shared while living is eternal ”
-Don Williams, Jr.
The Department of Computer Science & Engineering is deeply saddened by the tragic loss of one of its brightest students Mr. Sushant Kumar of the M.Tech batch of 2016. The department shares its grief and deepest sympathies with the family of the bygone, and all those affected by his sudden demise. We pray for his soul to rest in peace.