Short Term Courses
The Department organized three short-term courses to enhance the knowledge of students in computer networking and strengthening their mathematical base.
- Hands-on session on MONOSEK - Real Time Network Packet Processing & Network Session Analysis Tool during 14-18 Sept 2016.
- Mathematics of Cryptography with Image and Bluetooth Security Applications during 19-23 Dec 2016
- Recent Trends in Wireless Sensor Networks and IoTs during 21-25 Jan 2017.
- A one day workshop on “Smart Grids” was conducted by Mr. Subhajit Ghosh on 16 Sept,2016 (Friday) from 11.00 AM to 12.30 PM at the Seminar Hall of the Management Studies Department.
- Dr. Sudip Mishra was the guest lecturer in the short-term course on “Recent Trends in Wireless Sensor Networks and Internet of Things” which was conducted from 21 to 25 of January 2017.
Short Term Courses
The Proposals for five short-term courses have been put forth
- Data Mining and its Applications during 27 February to 3 March 2017.
- Digital Imaging: Techniques and Applications during 4 - 8 April 2017.
- Conceptual Big Data during 7 - 9 June 2017.
- Network Protocols and its Simulation using NS2 and NS3 simulators during 20 - 24 June 2017.
- Coding Theory and Cryptography: Fundamentals and Applications during 26 - 30 June 2017.
- A workshop on Communications and Multimedia Security is going to be held during 09th and 10th of Feb 2017.
- 4th International Conference on Recent Advances in Information Technology (RAIT- 2018) will be held from 15th to 17th March 2018. For more details, visit the RAIT website.
- Dr. Suneet Kumer Gupta on “DESIGN OF ENERGY EFFICIENT ROUTING FOR WIRELESS SENSOR NETWORKS”.
- Dr. Shipra Kumari on “STUDY AND DEVELOPMENT OF REMOTE USER LOGIN AUTHENTICATION SCHEMES”.
- Dr. Mohammad Nadeem on “DESIGNING SOFT COMPUTING TECHNIQUES FOR PARAMETER ESTIMATION AND OPTIMIZATION FOR PELLETIZATION”.
- Dr. A.C.S. Rao on “ANALYSIS AND SYNTHESIS OF PUBLIC BIOINFORMATICS DATA USING DATA MINING AND MACHINE LEARNING TECHNIQUES”.
- Dr. Shweta R. Malwe on “DESIGN OF LAYER AND CROSS LAYER PROTOCOLS FOR WIRELESS AD HOC NETWORKS”
Higher Studies in Foreign University
- Mr. Kalyan Raman (2009) took admission at University of Washington.
- Mr. Piyush Banginwar (2012) took admission at Stony Brook University.
- Ms. Rupal Jain (2013) took admission at Technische Universität München - Informatik, Germany.
- Mr. Shubham Jain (2013) took admission at Texas A&M University.
- Ms. Bharti Goel (2015) took admission at University of South Florida.
- Mr. Sagnik Das (2016) took admission at State University of New York at Stony Brook.
- Ms. Shikha Tripathi (2016) took admission at University of Houston,Texas.
- Mr. Shiva Ganga Chennu (2016) took admission at University of Texas at Dallas.
- Ms. Poonam Beniwal (2016) took admission at University of Houston,Texas.
Some Other Achievements
- A Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was signed between the Department and Amdocs – a software and services provider.
- A total of 2 teams qualified for ACM ICPC India finals from the institution among 86 teams selected from all over India.
- One of our Dual Degree students Mr. Pranav Thombre (2019) got selected for the DAAD internship in 2017-18 session.
- Rishabh Mehta (2017) secured first rank in stand-up comedy at Inter IIT Cultural Fest held at IIT Bombay in December 2016.