Short Term Course on Digital Image Processing and its applications
A short term course on Digital Image Processing and its applications was organised by the Department of Computer Science and Engineering during 26-30 December, 2014. Coordinated by Dr. Arup Kumar Pal, the course was aimed at imparting a broad overview and comprehensive understanding of image processing techniques using MATLAB as well as to provide hands-on training in MATLAB environment. The course touched upon research fields like Image Enhancement, Image Compression, Soft Computing based applications, Image Cryptosystem & Data Hiding and, Content Based Image Retrieval (CBIR). The participation to the course was overwhelming and included faculty members, research scholars, UG and PG students from academia like BIT Mesra, NIT Jamshedpur, WBUT, CUJ, KIIT to as far as Pondicherry University and other reputed engineering institutes.
International Collabrations of the Department
MoU with Botho University, Botswana, Africa
Delegates from Botho University, Botswana, Africa visited our department and signed an MoU to promote joint studies, research and training activities through student and staff exchange.
Data-Agreement with University of Glasgow, UK
The department signed a Data Agreement with University of Glasgow, UK to access GOV2 Collection for Text-Retrieval research. This collection is one of the most widely used IR data.
Special Lectures by Distinguished Guests
Mr. Kushal Banerjee, TCS Kolkata delivered a lecture on “Recent Advances in Information Technology” on 28th August, 2014.
Dr. Maheshkumar H. Kolekar (IIT, Patna) delivered a lecture on “Medical Image Processing” during Short term course on Digital Image Processing & its Applications which was held in two sessions spanning from 29th -30th December.
Prof. Mourad Elloumi (University of Tunisia) delivered a lecture on “Introduction to Bioinformatics” giving the students of the department an insight into his research work on 30th December, 2014.
Team Random Segment finished 25th at ACM ICPC Asia region - Kharagpur Site in a total of around 80 teams. Team Members: Anant Kumar (B.Tech Computer Science and Engineering, 2016), Nishant Raj (B.Tech Computer Science and Engineering, 2016) & Prateek Nischal (B.Tech Electrical Engineering, 2016).
Team Tesseract participated in ACM ICPC Asia region - Amritapuri Site. The team members were Naman Taneja (B.Tech Computer Science and Engineering, 2016), Suraj Singh (B.Tech Computer Science and Engineering, 2016) and Prayank Mathur (B.Tech Computer Science and Engineering, 2016).
Team Code Cracker participated in ACM ICPC Asia region - Gwalior Site. The team members were Parichaya Walia (B.Tech Computer Science and Engineering, 2017), Milind Rohit (B.Tech Computer Science and Engineering, 2017), Avinash Chandra (B.Tech Computer Science and Engineering, 2017) & Rajesh Kumar Sinha (B.Tech Computer Science and Engineering, 2017).
Mr. Ashish Bahukhandi (B.Tech - CSE, 2015) scored 99.57 percentile and Mr. Amit Hooda (B.Tech - CSE, 2012) scored 99.84 percentile in CAT.
54th Sr. National Open Athletics Championship
Mr. V. Murahari, B. Tech. final year student, department of Computer Science and Engineering represented Indian Universities Athletics Team (combined universities) for 54th Sr. National Open Athletics Championship held at J. N. Stadium, New Delhi from 2nd to 5th Nov. 2014. He was one of the 4 athletes and only one male athlete among the hundreds of Indian Universities who achieved the qualifying standard specified by Athletic Federation of India.
Nikhil Kumar Mittal (B.Tech Computer Science and Engineering, 2016) was selected as the Google Student Ambassador.
Prabodh Tripathi (Dual Degree - CSE, 2018) was selected as the Microsoft Student Partner representing Indian School of Mines for the academic year 2014-15.
Mohit Chawla (B.Tech CSE, 2016) was selected for a design and innovation workshop organised by Google MIT Media Labs, India which was held at IIT Gandhinagar during the month of December, 2014.
Team Bullseye (Naman Taneja & Jay Doshi) ranked 12th in TCS Codevita - 2014, a coding competition organised by TCS. The teams, Turing and CodePhoenix also featured among the top 30 qualifying teams.
Representation in ISM Students' Society
Ronit Malhotra & Sanjeev Ahirwar (B.Tech - CSE, 2017) and Prashant Singh & Ayush Soni (B.Tech - ME, 2017) stood 1st in the Inter Year Table Tennis Championship 2014-15.
Three ISM-JRFs (Junior Research Fellow) Sangram Ray, Pratyay Kuila and Neha Sharma completed their PhD.
The CSElex cluster, of which the Department of Computer science and Engineering forms a part, won Hasya Kavita, Bindaas Bol and Mime in Pratibimb, 2015 - The Inter Departmental Cultural Competition.
Annual Sports Day Winners, 2014
- Sai Srinivas Sunny (B.Tech, 2018) won:
- 400m - Gold medal
- 4×400m relay - Silver medal
- 4×100m relay - Bronze medal
- Naga Sushma (B.Tech, 2017) won:
- 4x100m relay - Gold medal
- High Jump - Silver medal
- Reshma chowdary Morampundi (B.Tech, 2017) won:
- 4x100m relay - Gold medal
- 100m run - Silver medal
- 200m run - Bronze medal
- High jump - Bronze medal
- Madhusmita Dash (B.Tech, 2017) won Gold in 4x100m relay and High Jump
- Shilpa Kanojiya (B.Tech, 2017) won Gold Medal in 4x100m relay
- Bidangshree Brahma and Rituparna Sonowal (M.Tech - CSE, 2016) stood 2nd in three-legged race
- Vijay Anand (M.tech. CSE-IS, 2016) was the captain of M.Tech cluster team in Tug-of-War which finished 2nd.
Winners at Parakram - 2015, the Annual Sports Fest of ISM
Asit Kumar Bai (M.Tech - CSE, 2016) stood winner of carom.
Asit Kumar Bai (Mtech - CSE, 2016) was Man-of-the-Series in Cricket Championship and Man-of-the-match in one match.
Phoolsingh Lodhi (M.Tech - CSE, 2017) was a member of the winning cricket team.
A new Laboratory (CSE - Lab-3) was added to the department after construction work finished on expanding the existing hardware lab. The new hardware lab can now accommodate around 90 students at a time.
Professor Mourad Elloumi from the National High School of Engineers of Tunis (ENSIT), University of Tunis ,Tunisia joined the department as a Visiting Professor for a Month (16 Dec 2014 to 15 Jan 2015). On his penultimate day before heading back to his place he took a guest lecture on Bioinformatics and gave the students a glimpse of his profound excellence.
Alumni Members added to the CSES Society
- Lifetime Membership
- Mr. Amrit Kumar (B.Tech, 2006)
- Mr. Sandeep Kumar (B.Tech, 2006)
- Mr. Sumit Gupta (B.Tech, 2006)
- Mr. Devender Mishra (B.Tech, 2011)
- Mr. Shivang Seth (B.Tech, 2011)
- Annual Membership (2014-16)
- Mr. Rajeev Kumar (B.Tech, 2008)
- Annual Membership (2014-15)
- Mr. Dilip Kumar (B.Tech, 2006)
- Mr. Anurag Anand (B.Tech, 2007)
- Mr. Bhanu Pratap Singh (B.Tech, 2008)
- Mr. Mohit Ranjan (B.Tech, 2008)
- Mr. Azad Naik (B.Tech, 2009)
- Mr. Napender Singh (B.Tech, 2009)
- Mr. Sagar Arora (B.Tech, 2009)
- Mr. Shobhit Srivastava (B.Tech, 2009)
- Mr. Sital Kedia (B.Tech, 2009)
- Mr. Vijit Prabhu (B.Tech, 2010)
- Mr. Aikansh Garg (B.Tech, 2011)
- Mr. Amit Gaurav (B.Tech, 2011)
- Ms. Anshuma Shukla (B.Tech, 2011)
- Mr. Sourav Sharma (B.Tech, 2011)
- Mr. Abhishek Singh (B.Tech, 2012)
- Mr. Ashwin Datt (B.Tech, 2012)
- Mr. Parvez Ahmed (B.Tech, 2012)
- Mr. Piyush Banginwar (B.Tech, 2012)
- Mr. Prateek Saini (B.Tech, 2012)
- Ms. Tejomai Kandru (B.Tech, 2012)
- Mr. Mayank Saxena (B.Tech, 2013)
- Mr. Rajat Mahajan (B.Tech, 2013)
- Ms. Rupal Jain (B.Tech, 2013)
- Mr. Shubham Jain (B.Tech, 2013)
The Android Club, under the aegis of the Google Students’ Club, was started with an initiative to make students learn app development for the world's most popular mobile & wearables OS - Android.
Mr. Arun Kumar Singh, son of Mr. Rajvir Singh, 3rd year, B.Tech (CSE) & Mr. Lavansh Sharma, son of Mr. Giriraj Sharma, 3rd year, B.Tech (EE) met their sad demise on 25th Oct, 2014. The CSE fraternity mourns the loss of two of the brightest students of this institute. We pray for them and express our deep sympathies and support for their families. May their souls rest in peace.