Sarang Kapoor (B.Tech, 2015) joined Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee to pursue Ph.D in Computer Science and Engineering.
Representations to the ISS
- Maheswara Reddy Chennuru (3rd Year, Dual Degree) was selected as Computer Science and Engineering Society’s representative to the ISM Students Society.
- Kriti Singh (3rd Year, B. Tech) was selected as the Secretary of Cyber Society.
- Saurav Kumar (2nd Year, B.Tech) was selected as the Outstanding Student of the Sophomores.
- Deepak Kumar (2nd Year, B.Tech) was selected as the Overall Class Representative of the Sophomores.
ACM Office Bearers
- Chair - Raj (3rd Year, B. Tech)
- Secretary - Rajat Gupta (3rd Year, B. Tech)
- Vice Chair - Aditya Kaushik (2nd Year, Dual Degree)
- Treasurer - Ayush Bhatia (2nd Year, B.Tech)
- Membership Chair - Pragya Priyadarshini (2nd Year, B.Tech)
- Webmaster - Rakeysh Ranjan (2nd Year, B.Tech)
- Design Head - Saurabh Saraswat (2nd Year, B.Tech)
- Editorial Head - Vaasudev Narayanan (2nd Year, B.Tech)
- Photography Head - Yash Goel (2nd Year, B.Tech)
Short Term Courses and Workshops
A short term course on “Network Protocols and Their Simulations Using NS-2” will be organized from 3rd to 5th March, 2016 by the Department. The objective of the course is to introduce Network Simulator (NS-2) as an open-source event driven simulator designed specifically for research in computer communication networks. The course will be a laboratory oriented one along with hands on experience. The course coordinator is Dr. Chiranjeev Kumar and it will be co – coordinated by Dr. Haider Banka.
A short term course on “Nature Inspired Algorithms and its Applications” was organized by the CSE department from 8 – 12 February, 2016. The course was coordinated by Dr. Haider Banka and was aimed at increasing awareness about nature inspired paradigms and its applications. The intended participants were PG students, research scholars, faculty members, scientists and persons from the industry.
The Department organized a short term course on “Fundamentals of Soft Computing and its Applications” from 9 – 13 September 2015. The course was coordinated by Dr. Haider Banka and co – coordinated by Dr. Chiranjeev Kumar. The main objective of the course was to familiarize the participants in the area of soft computing ANN, Fuzzy Logic and Rough Sets. The intended participants were faculty members from technical institutions, PhD, Research scholars, PG and UG students.
Upcoming International Conference
The department is organising the 3rd IEEE International Conference on “Recent Advances in Information Technology” from 3rd to 5th March, 2016. The vision of the conference is to provide awareness about the recent advances in the Information and Communication technology, through tutorial, keynote addresses and pre-reviewed research paper presentations. The conference will also serve as an excellent platform for all the participants to share their views and ideas. Another endeavor of this conference is to collate and present the latest development in IT/Computer along with realistic assessment of the current status and trends. RAIT-2016 is endorsed by IEEE and IEEE Communication Society Calcutta Chapter. [To know more please visit http://www.rait.co.in]
Special Lectures by Distinguished Guests
- Mr. R. Thirukumaran, SAT Infosys, Chennai delivered a lecture on “Network Simulator 2” on 19-20 August, 2015.
- Dr. Mohit P. Tahiliani, NIT Surathkal delivered a lecture on “Network Simulator 3” on 21-23 August 2015.
- Dr. Mohit P. Tahiliani, NIT Surathkal delivered a lecture on “How to work on Network Simulator?” under the aegis of TEQIP-II on 21 August, 2015.
- Padma Shri Sankar Kumar Pal, Former Director, ISI Kolkata delivered a lecture on Machine Intelligence and Soft Granular Mining: Concepts, Applications and Big Data Issues” on 11th September, 2015.
- Dr. Arindam Biswas, Associate Professor and Head of the Department of Information Technology, IIEST Shibpur, Kolkata delivered two guest lectures on “Dynamic Data Structures with Applications” and “Vornoi Diagrams with Applications” on 2nd and 3rd October, 2015 respectively.
Pawan Kumar (Final Year, B.Tech) developed a product, AAMI to help people with blindness (both partial and complete) and dyslexic patients to read a normal text book. AAMI is a standalone, wearable device can be worn on finger and as blind person scrolls his finger on book, the text in the book is read out. It also has right angle guide to help blind person to navigate the finger in straight line and help him to move to the next line by giving an audio feedback. AAMI has won FICCI TERUMO POST JUGAADATHON AWARD 2015 and Touching the Life Award of Eureka!'15 at IIT Bombay.
Rishabh Kumar (Final Year, B.Tech) won the 2nd prize at the Android App Making Competition organized by the Government of Jharkhand. He was felicitated for the same by the Chief Minister, Sri Raghubar Das.
The students of M.Tech (CSE & IS) organized a food packet distibution drive for poor people on Diwali. It was a small effort from students’ side to make the Diwali of poor people merry.
Pavan Kumar (3rd Year, B.Tech) won a silver medal in 9th Jharkhand State Level Boxing Championship. He has also won various medals at university level.
Aditya Kaushik (2nd Year, Dual Degree) stood first in ISM Open Swimming Competition for 50m Breaststroke. He also stood third in 50m Freestyle at the District Level Swimming Competition
- Mohd. Azharuddin
- Mohd. Naseem
- Ravi Sankar Sangam
- Dhirendra Kumar Sharma
- Manoj Kumar Mishra
Dr. Sukomal Pal visited the University of Padova, Italy during September 24th - October 24th as a Visiting Scientist. His research proposal on Information Retrieval along with Prof Nicola Ferro, who is the coordinator of Conferences and Labs of the Evaluation Forum (CLEF), Europe was awarded by the university. Dr Pal interacted with Prof Ferro on two joint works. The first one was involved with preparation and dissemination of standard test data on Indian language research. Another work was planned to see how document retrieval is similar to sub-document retrieval in the context of INEX data, another international text retrieval activity.
Annual Sports Day
- Relay Race - 3rd - Krishnachand Birla - B.Tech First Year
- 4 * 400 m relay - 3rd, Triple Jump - 3rd - Katta Abhishek - B.Tech First Year
- 400 m Relay 1st, 4 * 400 m Relay 1st, 4 * 100 m Relay 1st, 200 m Relay 3rd - G Sai Srinivas 2nd Year B.Tech
- 110 m Hurdles Race 3rd Aditya Kaushik 2nd Year DD
M.TECH CSE-IS / CSE (2015-2017)
- Prafulla Munda (CSE) - 800 meter (Race) - 2nd prize
- Prafulla Munda (CSE) - 1500 meter (Race) - 3rd prize
- Bashiram Basumatary (CSE-IS) - 100 meter Race - 3rd prize
- Bashiram Basumatary (CSE-IS) - 200 meter Race - 2nd prize
- Aastha Priya (CSE-IS) - Discus Throw - 1st prize
- Aastha Priya (CSE-IS) - Three-Legged Race - 2nd prize
- Khushbu Goyanka (CSE-IS) - Spoon Marble Race - 2nd prize